Physiotherapy is a health care profession which focuses on body mechanics, dedicated to improving health and quality of life. Physiotherapists work with patients to:
- Promote physical activity, overall health and wellness
- Prevent disease, injury, and disability
- Improve and maintain independence
- Manage acute and chronic conditions
- Relieve pain, improve flexibility and strength
- Rehabilitate injury
- Educate and plan maintenance programs to prevent re-occurrence or re-injury
- Improve posture, balance and co-ordination, most of which is affected with various orthopedic, sports-related, or neurologic ailments
At Woodbridge Avenue Chiropractic & Wellness Centre, our Physiotherapist will assess your condition based on a detailed history and objective findings assessing range of motion, flexibility & strength. Based on this initial assessment, our physiotherapist will make a plan of care that will help to relieve your pain and restore function by providing a tailored therapeutic exercise program. The therapy will aid in relieving your symptoms and preventing further injury.
The therapy will include a set of therapeutic modalities and strategies including:
- A customized therapeutic exercise program
- Hands on manual techniques including joint mobilization
- Heat and cold therapy
- Postural education including work ergonomics
- Strength training to prevent functional deterioration and re-injury.
Our physiotherapist can also be part of your health care team for WSIB/MVA claims.
Monday & Wednesday 2pm-8pm